Tuesday, June 07, 2005

MOVIES : Strings

I think I was looking forward to this one a little _too_ much. It is the combination of a Danish master puppeteer and Danish mythology. I suppose I was excited about it because they were drawing on the puppets as part of the story, as opposed to a gimic, and mythology is often a good place to get good stories - as they've had to survive countless generations of weeding out of crap ones.
But that doesn't mean that your particular retelling can't be boring as bat shit, with little to no connection with the various characters (except maybe the 'innocent sister who sacrifices herself').
Sure, the puppets were beautiful, and their handling exquisite; there was more acting by these lumps of wood and string than any of the actors in Sin City managed....
A couple of guys in front of me actually left, they were that bored (I think they were also a bit drunk).
So, if you are intrigued about the venture, get it on DVD and have a look, but otherwise steer well clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home