Friday, June 10, 2005

MOVIES : The Jacket

I loved this!
It's like Twelve Monkeys only emotionally based rather than action based, and with a far more ambiguous ending.
The actor is the guy from the Pianist and his acting makes up for everyone elses, including the very sexy Keira Knightly who couldn't act her way out of my bed (did I give anything away then?). He plays a guy who was shot in the head in the first gulf war (or was he) who is accused of murdering a cop and sent to an insane asylum for naughty people. There he is subjected to total sensory deprevation with drugs! Sounds like fun. While under he travels into the future (maybe)
There is one section of the movie where one of the actors suddenly changes their attitude completely, which I just put down to the director not bothering with showing the period of time they spent coming to this descision, but one of my friends found this disconcerting to say the least.
There are some plot holes, but I managed to not notice them until after, and the ending is a little too ambiguous for some of my friends, but I really liked it and recommend it (unless you are Mark, in which case you are probably to pedantic to overlook the gaping holes, or are they holes?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home